Significant strides have been made in the past three years, from FIA’s announcement to make “Check your vision” a FIA Golden Rule for Road Safety, to the United Nations’ recent recommendation to governments to ensure good vision for all road users. The meeting between the two leaders served as a springboard to further accelerate the existing collaboration by putting a focus on projects aimed to deliver visual equipment, in addition to rolling out new advocacy initiatives. Watch the video below to find out more.
“Together with Essilor, the FIA has achieved significant milestones towards the United Nations’ road safety-related 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. Today, we are accelerating our journey and we will do so by equipping our FIA club members, providing glasses to people in need, and by continuing to support innovation through our racing expertise” – Jean Todt, highlights in the video.
Commenting on the vast potential ahead for this partnership, Paul du Saillant said: “By leveraging our expertise, innovation, brands, and inclusive business program, we are helping drivers, bikers, cyclists and pedestrians to enjoy the road safely thanks to good vision. By doing so, Essilor further strengthens its commitment to the FIA and the United Nations Road Safety Fund.”
Looking ahead, with this renewed partnership, Essilor and the FIA plan to:
● Provide FIA clubs with preferential access to adequate vision care solutions for their members through offline and online offers
● Collaborate in the distribution of glasses to road users in need, in developing countries by involving national FIA clubs
● Establish a collaboration between FIA and Essilor’s instruments division to define, improve and promote appropriate eye exams for drivers
● Examine the possibility of Essilor’s involvement in FIA championships
● Explore a further collaboration by leveraging the Helmet Industry Working Group outputs.
Essilor, through its social impact fund Vision for Life, joined forces and networks with the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile) to provide critical equipment to frontline health workers in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recent initiatives show how Essilor’s partnership with the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) is engaging major mobility partners to promote the critical importance of good vision for road safety. A gentle reminder before many people take the road for the holiday season.